Rottnest Seasonal Transport Pass 20/21
The Rottnest Annual Transport Pass (RATP) is now known as the Rottnest Seasonal Transport Pass (RSTP). The RSTP has been introduced for the benefit of frequent visitors to Rottnest Island and to provide an efficient means of enjoying the Island at a very cost effective rate. Due to the extension of our 19/20 Seasonal Transport Pass due to COVID-19 we have introduced two options, the first is the standard RSTP – valid for 12 months and the second is a pass valid for 10 months.
Prices for the RSTP STANDARD for the usage period 01/07/2021-30/06/2022 are:
By purchasing the RSTP, access is afforded to the Island Explorer bus service, unlimited for a maximum period of 12 months from 1st July 2021. The RSTP is valid from the 1st July each year; with maximum value afforded from this date, allowing up to 12 months usage
Prices for the RSTP LIMITED EDITION for the usage period 01/09/2020-30/06/2021 are:
By purchasing the RSTP, access is afforded to the Island Explorer bus service, unlimited for a maximum period of 10 months from 1st September 2020.
In order to reduce administrative costs and needs; and therefore ensure the RSTP is competitively priced, the RSTP annual validity is based on a maximum validity period. The earlier the pass is purchased, the better the value. The RSTP validity period reduces from date of purchase whilst the purchase cost remains the same regardless of future date of purchase (ie – if purchased on 1st March 2021, cost remains the same, but usage period valid for 4 months) The reduced rate RSTP will give a return on investment after just three uses; against single day ticket fares.
We prefer that all savings are passed back to the visitor to the island and prefer not to operate with long and arduous terms and conditions; but there are a few necessary conditions of carriage below to ensure full comprehension:
Rottnest Annual Transport Pass usage policy:
- A limited number of Rottnest Annual Transport Pass (RSTP) are available each year.
- There are four (4) purchase points for the RSTP – Perth Sightseeing Centre at Barrack Street Jetty, Perth; the Rottnest Island Authority Administration Office at ‘E’ Shed Markets, Fremantle; the Rottnest Island Visitor Centre and the Ticket Booth at the Main Bus Stop both on Rottnest Island.
- To prevent loss and fraud, passes are only available for purchase in person at each of the outlets above and cannot be sent in the post.
- The RSTP STANDARD PASS is valid for a MAXIMUM period of 12 months and valid from 1st July each year until 30th June the following year. It is not valid for 12 months from date of purchase unless purchased on 1st July. Duration of validity reduces daily from 1st July. Passes available for purchase from 1st June 2020.
- The RSTP LIMITED EDITION PASS is valid for a MAXIMUM period of 10 months and valid from 1st September 2020 until 30th June the following year. It is not valid for 10 months from date of purchase unless purchased on 1st September. Duration of validity reduces daily from 1st September.
- The RSTP is only valid for use on the ISLAND EXPLORER and Accommodation Shuttle buses, and does not apply to use on the Bayseeker sightseeing buses, Captain Hussey train nor any other transport methods provided on the Island either by ADAMS or any other provider.
- Only Adult and child tickets are available for purchase. Proof of age may be required at time of purchase. Child age 4-12 years old. There is no longer a concession pass.
- If a RSTP is purchased via credit card, additional transaction fees may apply.
- Available to all nationalities and residents worldwide.
- The RSTP is not refundable either in part or in full under any circumstances.
- Lost passes cannot be reissued and a new RSTP will need to be purchased.